Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X2 blood pressure..

elraiis

hi all.. how is all doing hopefully great.

a while back i posted here saying am shifting to X2 hopefully and i did.. PROBLEM. i customize the where and how i arrange all those icons everyone to my conviniece and then i save the file in the customize screen and i give it a name. I also changed my right mouse click menu... now the problem is that when i load that file i saved with my setttings.. it only loads right my right mouse click setting.. but as to the where i located the iconson the screen before changing.. it screws that up.. am i doing something wrong?

another frustrating question sorry, in V9.1 in my toolpath screen i used to often select from the drop down menu toolpath display OFFFFFFFF so that i don't have all those lines everywhere making my life hard.. how do i do that with X or X2? i couldn't find that feature.. curse.gifbanghead.gifcurse.gifbanghead.gif

lol.. X2 is some wild experience.. God it makes my eyes twitch in frustration.. biggrin.gif

thanks all

Perhaps it's fixed, but running MC in anything other than full-screen mode, it would change all of the tool-bar locations. It was frustrating at first, but after you find the "work arounds", I tend to work that way.

X has so many advantages (and getting better), I couldn't think about going back.

For the toolpaths,

There are 2 rows of buttons at the top of the operations manager. First use the top left button "Select All Operations".

Then go to the second row of buttons and press the toolpath display toggle button.

The other option is to use the "Alt+T" shortcut on the keyboard.

Should be able to save your toolbar layout after you move everything to where you want it. Go to ~Toolbar States in ~Settings. Save it as a name and set it as default.

Are you doing that or just renaming the toolbars you create?

Elraiis,

Look in the Help Menu and open the Mastercam Reference Guide.

This is a 400+ page book that will answer many of your questions about the new look and feel of X. Read the section on the Operations Manager, Machine and Control definition, and the section on the Mastercam interface.

There are also a ton of videos available at www.mastercam.com.

HTH,