Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Y Axis Movement Encountered

I am trying to do a little C-axis stuff, and whenever I post I out I get the error listed above... I checked my machine def, and I have no Y axis in there and I checked the post

code:

y_axis_mch  : 0     #SET_BY_MD - Machine has a Y axis, 0=no, 1=yes - Set based on Axis Combination in MD

And as you can see, it's set to Y off. What am I missing that is not turned off? When I drill a face drill cycle I get all X movements instead of C movements... obviously it's not changing over, but I don't know why.

Thanks!

You get the message because you do NOT have a Y axis machine, but Y axis motion was found in the toolpath, hence the warning.

Take a look at your toolpath and make sure you are using the C axis toolpaths (sets up the toolplanes and rotary options automatically) and if using the milling toolpaths, you will need to ensure you setup the toolplanes and rotary options yourself.

Jim, I am using the C-Axis stuff inside the lathe toolpaths and still getting this error. I realize there are live tooling lathes with Y axis on them, and such might cause problems. But again, unless I missing something else I don't know why it would give my Y axis errors when I have told it I don't have Y axis, especially on a c-axis command...