Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Okuma Controls

ducati

Okuma controls, imho, are amongest the nicest controls to use, especially the lathe controls.

At the last place I worked, we had four of them (two VMC.s and two Mills). Where I am now, we have one mill and one lathe (the reast of the machines are Moris, Toyodas and Deckels).

IGF isn't a necessity for User Task. But User Task is fantastic. Talk to Inhouse about their MPLMaster post for Okuma. Its great.

Ah, I see what you're saying Rick smile.gif

We dont spec our machines with IGF, mainly because the code out of IGF doesn't seem that efficient (though that is going back a few versions, and it probably has improved a lot)

I *really* like Okumas LAP cycles, and their threading cycles.

Okuma lathes ROCK; we have 11 of them and I'd buy another 11 today if they gave me the money. We have IGF in all of our E100L and U100L controls though I have never used it. I could never say enough good things about Okuma lathes; you won't be disappointed.

C

My thought is ADMAC is good, but no where near as suffisticated as MasterCam. ( no bells and whistles)

But it will let you program at the machine control or off-line if you have a copy of the software and a key (dongle).

Great Lathes, can't say enough.

here we have 4 okuma lathe and 5 millings

one of the cadet is 15 years old and we never had a single problem with

and our mc-v4020 mill had moore than 100000h on meeter (he almost make a complete turn!!!)and 14 years

and the spindle have been rebuilt only last year

we dont had mcam lathes cuz the IGF is enough for us (no big production or complicated cycles)

IMHO okuma is da best on the market!!

but they are quite expensive!!