Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

how to pre position C axis on 5 axis toolpath

terry5357

I have been fortunate enough to work around this for a while. However Luck does not last forever.

How do I preposition C axis to that I would start at for instance C-135 and have C go thorugh C0 and on to C+ 135 instead of having an unwind in there at some point.

I would like to know how in 5 axis and also advanced 5 axis.

Sincere thanks to whomever answers these questions for me.

Terry

ON ADVANCED 5X USE THE FUNCTION "START POINT" AND SET THE ROTATE BY DEGREE AMOUNT. CHOSE CUTING METOD "ONE WAY" AND ALSO CHECK THE "DIRECTION FOR ONE WAY MACHINING". ON "TOOL AXIS CONTROL" TAB YOU CAN ENEBLE THE LIMITS BUTTON AND THEN INSIDE YOU CAN LIMIT YOUR C AXIS BY DESIRED AMOUNT OF DEGREE

Another way to do this is do a curve 5 axis toolpath and use Vectors at the -135 for the start and +135 for the last one and all the ones in between there. Now you just need to have everything inside of that area for the programming and good to go. Help to position your part the right way in Mastercam so they you get the travels to work out correct when doing it that way.

HTH

We had a similar problem when both 'b' and 'c' axis are both zero deg's causing instability in the tool path causing retracts to be added, Brett Thomas at in house add a feature to our heidenhain post to control start point angle when posting, another alternate is to add geoemetry to pic the start point you want let the post do the rest, works for us

hth