Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

add parallel port for hasp

stanfield

just bought a new computer and it does not have a parallel port, I got a adapter to use with my printer, the printer works fine. mc 9.1 will not find hasp. i read about adding a parallel card. can some one recommend one that will work. i looked on ebay and found this, will it work?

PCI IEEE 1284 Parallel Printer Port I/O Card SA34

http://cgi.ebay.com/PCI-IEEE-1284-Parallel...1QQcmdZViewItem

thanks!

Go USB HASP. Parallel ports are just going to get even older. You should also take a look at X2 if you can. It is so much more powerful than V9 ever was. People who haven't migrated yet will always complain about the learning curve, but its really not that bad. At least we can finally loose the DOS look.

quote:

did you have to pay for the usb?

I'll bet they'll throw in the USB hasp for free

if you upgrade to X2 biggrin.gif

Since you're not on maintenance, they'll probably charge you for the HASP and maybe a shipping chage. Won't be much though.. less than dinner and a movie for sure wink.gif