Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Xform Project problems

RandyN

Anyone else running into a problem with xform project since mr1 came out? I just had it happen 2 times in a row where i try to project a line on a surface and get a "no projections found" error, and I have to restart mastercam and then it works fine.

Maybe its something I'm doing wrong, but I don't think so, since I've never run into this before.

Occasionally, a toolplane will "stick" on me

I'll change a toolplane and the lables say it changed, but it really didn't, its stuck on the previous one.

When this happens, project can fail to find projections.

Usually, reselecting the correct toolplane will

fix it, but sometimes a restart is the only thing that will unstick things.

I've never been able to reproduce it well enough to send in for a bug report.

Yeah, I checked all that though, and everything was set right. It seems to be just the project to surface that is causing me problems. When it happens, if i save right there and close MC and pull up the file in a fresh MC, it works fine. Just wanted to check if anyone else had seen this before I bug it to CNC.

Thanks

Edit, posted this the same time you did gcode. Yeah, I have had the sticky plane issue too, and this could be involved in that. That is why I didn't want to bug it, I can't reproduce it unless I don't want to...