Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

delete level

turningfrick

You must have the Level on in the graphics window.

You must delete all entities on that level.

In the levels manager look at entities for that level, it must read 0 before you can then delete the name of the level.If you have deleted all visible entities and the level manager says there is still entities thats because something is blanked on that level.Unblank it and delete it also.

Now when you close and reopen the level manager it will be gone.

HTH

I have a need to every day. I import AutoCad drawings with many mnay layers (levels). Most of which I dont need in my MC file. Deleting all the entities then clearing the name of the level is a PITA. It would be much easier to click the level and delete it all. It would be an enhancement for me.

It's too bad there is not a way to do it on import.

While I see your point of getting rid of the unused stuff, I see the point that just being able to highlight and delete a level "could" be a rather dangerous feature.

There would have to be a safety on it asking because of associative geometry to toolpaths and/or solids.

Ooo :shiver: I can many issues arising from it.

Cleaning that stuff on import would be a much better approach, meh thinks.

If they fixed it with the undelete it should keep the gitters down.

I do see your point as well John, But geeesh Im tired of deleting the entities then clearing the name out. Especially when you have 40-50 layers per drawing and ya do 6-10 drawings a day. I just want to hit the delete key. It would be much faster to select the levels you dont want hit the delete key and click yes Im sure I want to delete them and WAALAA your done and grammin in minutes.

I have caught some in AutoCad and cleaned up before importing.

I leave unwanted levels visible.

When I delete all geometry on a lvl or many visible

lvls, after I close the lvl manager, the levels

disappear. Except if one of the lvls is the current and the lvl with the imported geometry's

associative entities.

It only takes a few seconds and works all the time

for me.

anyone else?

From DavidB

quote:

If you have deleted all visible entities and the level manager says there is still entities thats because something is blanked on that level.Unblank it and delete it also.

If you look in Topic: Deleting blanked entities

You will find this chook "delblankentvis.dll", it delete all entities on the active and visible level. I use it a lot and works find cheers.gif