Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Helix Bore op in V9

rsbeadle

When I was resetting the the operation defaults I noticed the Helix Bore operation, but the manual doesn't mention it and there is no option on the toolpaths page for it. Anyone familiar with it? It seems like something I could use but right now I don't have time to experiment with it. I use the pocket, entry, helix option with the follow boundry on, on failure only off, depth cuts off to bore holes sometimes, but an op with the extra options for better control would be nice. Also I'm up to about 5 MCAM crashes a day while drawing 3D lines and arcs, mostly while using modify, break, at length. Hope a patch is out soon.

One thing I'm asked all the time, is the possbility of doing a tapered helix toolpath. Other than creating a tapered helix to represent the centreline of the ool, I cant think of any way to create this. The reason for the toolpath to be a tapered helix, is that it provides a constant z movement as it moves around the bore, eliminating the line formed from where the cutter moves to the next z depth, when using, for example, a swept toolpath.

If anyone has got any input, I'd be keen to hear it smile.gif

Mick