Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

CPUID?

jmfrank

Shop has just added another seat of Mastercam. We use the Cadcam_e ug to mc reader. For the new install Cadcam_e is requesting the CPUID for the computer the software is to be installed on. Anyone know how to locate the CPUID. I can’t find it. The MC reseller and local IT guys haven’t been able to help with locating the ID.

New computer is running on window 2000

Any ideas?

Matt

Hi matt!

Probably is the MAC address of you network card or some unique identifier on your computer.

Some licenses are tied to the network card MAC address, in order to avoid that the customer may use the software in another machines.

I might be wrong, but in normal circunstances the CPUID of the processor is no required.

BTW, CPUID is a processor instruction available in some x86 processors that returns to the softwares (once they asked for) which type of processor is installed on the motherboard.

JM2C

quote:

In the BIOS? Just a guess.

Thad

Not in the BIOS good guess one of the first places I looked.

quote:

woody that link doesn’t work for me.

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Google "CPUID" for free software downloads

I downloaded a program from Intel that gave me some info for CPUID. If I go to the licensing agreement in Cadcam_e on my computer that already has the UG reader installed I get a CPUID that is completely different that the ID the Intel software returns.

quote:

%SDRC_INSTL%seclmhostid.exe

Tried this from start run come back with an error cannot find %SDRC_INSTL%seclmhostid.exe

quote:

Belarc Advisor is a pretty slick program

I have tried a couple simular programs. They do give a boat load of info but no CPUID. Ill look at Belarc Adviso

The MC reseller is trying to contact Cadcam_e for more info but they have never had speedy service in my experience.

Thanks everone for your time and info.

Matt

quote:

When you run the cadcame ug translator, if you do not have a licence key it will generate a CPUid string to supply to cadcame, have you tried running the software?

Allan

And Allen wins the prize. That got me the CPUID. Thanks Allen and everyone that took the time to reply

Matt