Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Any way to view all files in a directory?

DavidSV

Mick

I'm having a problem with setting up the NETHook.

I have the .ftp file in the CHooks folder and added a FileBrowse folder in that same folder.

The FileBrowse.dll is in that folder. When I create a button on my toolbar and click on it I get this message:

Application CHOOKSFILEBROWSEFILEBROWSE.DLL not found.

I am running W2K Professional

Thanks for your help.

Very nice Mick! I don't think this is something anyone used every single day in v9 but it sure worked nice when you needed it. I know I missed it.

I think the root problem with the original post is that he has folders of updated file, that were updated with X not X2, am I correct Davidsv? The update folder in X2 creates the bitmap for the preview, in X I don't believe it did this. So many people have folders full of files with no bitmaps. The only way to now get those bitmaps is to open each file individually and then save the file. As a solution can you add a "re-save" feature that would save each file and in turn create the bitmap so the preview will work in the future for all of the files?

Thank you!

I think Roger got why I was having a problem. I did my original file updates to MCX files in MCX and it didn't save a bit map of the file. If the new utility will just open and save as an X2 file with a bitmap, that would be even better.

I just installed it, but I am not sure how it is suppose to work. Am I suppose to click the dll file when I go to run a user app? If so, why not have it in the directory with all of the other chooks?

quote:

If the new utility will just open and save as an X2 file with a bitmap, that would be even better

I just added that as an option when browsing, you can set a delay of zero and it will just blow right through the folder.

To run it, go to Settings menu then Customize menu, from the Category dropdown select NETHooks, you will see some buttons, one is for this NETHook, hover your mouse cursor over each button to see the name of the NETHook, once you find the FileBrowse just darg it to a toolbar. You can now run the NETHook from that toolbar button.

Denny,

Paths look fine. I would download the update and copy both files to their appropriate folders and give it another try. Try making a toolbar button as described above and launch it from there.

Mick

I extracted the updates to the proper folders and added a toolbar button. (when the arrow points to the icon that has the big 'M ', there is no discription)

The button is on the toolbar and when I click it I get the same .NET Library Error

Application chooksfilebrowsefilebrowse.dll not found.

Thanks for the help

• 1 month later...

quote:

Where can I find the .bmp file that is created by any of these methods? Or is that not possible

You won't have a seperate .bmp file when using this. The .bmp is stored within the MCX file, just like you had checked the "save bitmap" option in your save settings. You can either right click and check the properties (Preview option) of the MCX file in Explorer, or when you File-Open in MC, you can see a preview there.

Thad

• 8 years later...