Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Analyze Weight?

If your part is a solid you can analyze the volume where when a density is added will calculate the mass (weight)

Here is the output of the dimensions you stated with a density of .002

Current Mastercam File (MCX) Name = CALEDONIAN

18:53:43 Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Volume = 2269.800692

Density = 0.002000

Mass = 4.539601

Center of Gravity = -0.000000, 0.000000, -1.250000

Cheers

Karl

This plate is a flame cut of 4130 material.

Karl, I did find the analyze solid volume and got the same mass as you, but that doesn't really mean anything since I am guessing this plate weighs close to 700 lbs. Is there a standard for the density to get it closer? Oh, btw Karl, you never sent me that Integrex stuff =]

Columbo, I cannot use that here, unfortunatly. I can't install programs at all since our system is locked down. frown.gif But thanks anyways.

Todd, You think that density would work similarly to what I am looking for? I tried and it came out to 656 lbs....seems about right.

John, I suppose this is where both the master and the student learn something, eh? wink.gif