Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

inconel 718

Santa Fe

Sulfur Oil based lubricant, carbide and low SFM carbide tend to be in the 75 - 90 SFM

Threading Milling in inco 718, while I have not do it yet, if it was large enough I would at least attempt to threadmill it.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I have in the past, when drilling high nickel alloys ground one flute on a drill so that it cuts a little oversize, this keeps the hole from closing up on the drill and snapping it off. As to how much and what angle? Dunno what to tell you, just know you want to cut is oversize a min. of .001" because you want good fluid flow and because it's so gummy/mushy it WILL close back up on itself a bit.

Knurling 718 ... sucks to be you biggrin.giftongue.gif

quote:

Sulfur Oil based lubricant, carbide and low SFM carbide tend to be in the 75 - 90 SFM

This has worked best for me except maybe use even lower sfm like 50. I last had to drill about a 7/16" hole 2" deep. peck drill .500 deep, retract and pause. peck drill next .500 deep and pause, etc. then used a solid micrograin carbide straight flute flat bottom cutter to clean up the hole. u WILL get taper.

HTH