Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Light extrusion and drill machine

SLJ

Ok guys, I'd rather have Mori or Makino too, but for a light duty aluminum extrusion and drill machine, would you go Fadal or Haas? Looking to replace two vertical Fadals, 4020 and 3016. I've no experience with the Haas, but some seem to like them for the lighter stuff. All programing would be offline, any post issues with the Haas?

Same, I have ran both ALOT, used to be FADAL fan b4 I knew better, Although if you opt for the fanuc 18i on the FADAL it will hands down smoke the haas from the control stand point. But what they charge to upgrade to that, and what you will be cutting, you cant go wrong with the haas. If its not bigger parts dont discount the fanuc robodrill with the 16i.

I have ran both. My current job has 2 Haas VF2SS and 5 VF4SS with 5-axis trunnions used on a dedicated product line. Several million $$$ worth of finished product went out the door last year for less than a one million dollar investment. cool.gif We had a trunnion that needed attention and a Y-axis drive needed replaced. They run 2 10 hr shifts and 5-6 hrs on Sat. All the machines are in great condition after running hard for a year+. We have Renishaw OMP-40 probes and run a daily verify routine that never shows more than .0007-.0008 deviation on the hottest days.(NO climate Control frown.gif ) Very cost-effective machines for the right applications.

• 2 months later...

Greg, I second that motion, For smaller travels I have been looking into a hurco VM1 also the robo drill has a drill mate with a base price of 38,000 its not the higher up robodrill but still good price and i imagine decent, the hurco is still more imo more reliable than haas or fadal, and a 40 taper vs. the robodrill bt30.

• 3 weeks later...