Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Autosave

Columbo™

What is the best way to use the "AUTOSAVE" FEATURE? confused.gif

I had the autosave feature checked along with "save using active file name" .

After months of this I looked into c:mcamxmcx directory and found hundred of duplicate file names using a LOT of memory. eek.gif

example:

*@100.MCX

*@101.MCX

*@102.MCX

*@103.MCX

Are there any better options?????? headscratch.gif

Thanks

biggrin.gifcheers.gifbiggrin.gif

use the back-up feature. u can limit the number of files saved and have the backups placed in a different folder. This, IMHO, is an excellent feature and has saved me (and some engineers how couldn't make up there minds) more than once.

HTH

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I use Autosave. Some people have problems with it but it has worked flawlessly for me.

My interval is 15 minutes, my file name is simply "BACKUP.MCX" and I have none of the other checkboxes checked.

The system hesitates when it is saving, I just stop what I'm doing for a few seconds while it saves and then continue.

JM2C

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I set up the Autosave in the System Configuration.

"...My interval is 15 minutes, my file name is simply "BACKUP.MCX" and I have none of the other checkboxes checked..." rtfaq.gif

Oh, except for "Active" of course... biggrin.gif Figured that was a given. biggrin.giftongue.gif