Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

bad move

Marty A

hi all well some how i messed things up today.i was trying to convert a metric flie to english.well it is not working. i know to go to configureation and switch over but it already says english.and my file is still metric.sooooo

i clicked on the file icon to the left,i then clicked on merge initial english values,bad move

i now have a blue screen where before i had a black back ground, and now when i open a file up it shows all my toolpaths.yea you could say i,m lost now. thanks in advance.

headscratch.gif marty headscratch.gif

Marty,

How ya been, bud? cheers.gif

Is sounds like you switched to a metric config. The default background color is blue.

Go into Settings-Configuration and see what config is active. If all else fails, restart MC and start over. You should get your default settings back.

Thad

hey thad hows it going with you. still says current english.i rebooted pu and still the same.

also i think i clicked on save for something i can't remember what it was.hellllllllllp also how do i get rid of all my toolpaths that show up

ok it said save settings to configuration flie i said yes.

headscratch.gif marty headscratch.gif

[ 08-20-2007, 10:34 AM: Message edited by: Marty A ]

Marty, I'm guessing that you have to go to Settings-Config and look everything over. Make any changes that you'd like, including background color.

Are you guys busy over there? Are you getting all of your files from UG now?

Thad

morning thad yea were pretty busy here. we have a night shift again. i'm down on the floor programing and running the okuma.i stay pretty busy. i found where to get my black screen back.everything seems to be ok except after i post out a program the text page that comes up after looks different than before,but seems to be ok. anyway they hired a guy to run the cnc department now, he wears nice clothes tho.lol

well talk to ya later bud.

p.s. yea i know it's early i start at 5 to get some gramming done.

cheers.gif marty cheers.gif

quote:

everything seems to be ok except after i post out a program the text page that comes up after looks different than before

Look in your config. On the Start/Exit page, try selecting a different "Editor" from the dropdown. IIRC, you guys were using MCEDIT. Post a program and see if that's the one you remember. If it is, save your config and you'll be back in business.

If you think of it, email me the new guy's name. I might know him.

Tell Matt and Scott "Ten inch" I said hi. Oh, and Leonard too. wink.gif

Thad