Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Machine Comparison

Brian B 74

I would take a good look at the Milltronics, and look into the rollar ways option, supposed to be way stiffer, (think some Tree VMCs had that) not the linear ones (think on 50 taper its standard)..little extra money, But I would check out for a new one as I cut my share of 420FSS...they are one company that is gettin better instead of stayin the same or worse. You can also get fanuc on them for $$$, I think.

quote:

company that sold milltronics as an entry level line they are pretty light duty and support can be an issue.

Milltronics has really changed in the last 10 years, all cast iron construction, lots of improvements and service is excellent in Dayton area but our dealer is or was their biggest dealer, I think...dealer can make a big difference in your area. I have talked to the factory several times on questions to do some simple things myself and factory was very helpful. Just my experiance. My landlord bought 4 new Milltronics VMCs last year in one pop, has 3 others, they have their place. A lot of their product is sold, as made in the USA, so I pull for them. (Minnesota) Good Luck on your decision.

I would take the Amera Seiki over the Milltronics based on it being all Fanuc electronics. We have a Johnsford SV32P and have been happy with it, but it is only a 30x20 machine. I know they offer a bridge mill in that size.

CNC Apps Guy a 60x50 Robodrill? Do they make one that big? If so sign me up for one.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Apparently I need to get my eyes checked. I didn't see the large travel requirement. 700mm (27.5)x 400mm(15.7) x 330mm(12.9) in Z is the largest one unfortunately. My bad.

quote:

Have you looked into the Haas VM series machines.

36_11_6.gifimage.gif

I will be sooooo glad to be leaving HAAS land on Thursday. Sometimes you make a mistake when taking a job and boy oh boy was this one of those.

Brian,

I have no personal experience with Ameri-Seiki but people that I know and respect their opinions have been impressed with the bang for the buck and the reliability of the machines

Thanks to everyone for the positive remarks. Dave - I looked at HAAS, but they don't have a bridge/gantry size mill big enough for doing mold work. The Amera-Seiki has an intro price of $239k. With options, it will end up around around $265k. Have to see if we can swing this deal. cheers.gif