Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Start up error

bogusmill

We just reloaded MCX2-MR1 SP1 in one of our laptops. I'm talking from scratch, deleted the MC folders leftover from the previous installs, then installed from the MCX2 CD, then the MR1-web.exe using the overwrite current install, then the MR1 servicepack.

When we start MC we get a window of components that have loaded but one is highlighted in red that reads: error reading C:mcx2chooks5axmsurf.ft. This is before making any setting changes or adding machine control defs. I tried to copy and paste this and 3 similarly named files from a machine that doesn't have this error but it persists. We can click the box check mark and it goes away and MC runs fine until next MC restart but it's the bosses laptop and he want's the error solved. Anyone know how to stop this?

There is a chook missing that is listed in your config or you are pointing to the wrong folder in the config. Make sure all your chooks are in the folder and the error will go away oryou are in the correct directory.

Did all that. It is pointing at the correct location, the file is there. Something is saying to look for this file, the error isn't that it's not there. It's a reading error like the file is corrupt.

I had a similar error on a toolbar file (.mtb) where it said error reading it. The error went away when I changed the toolbar in the start/exit window of the configuration settings. I got the same error on another PC and I copied and pasted the same toolbar file from another PC and the error went away. So the toolbar file got corrupted and replaceing it with a good file fixed it. I've already done that here but it didn't help. So now my solution looks like changing whatever setting is looking at that file at startup. By it's name it seems to be a 5 axis m surface, m meaning metric?

On the error line that complains about the 5axmsurf.ft there should be more information.

Such as...

"Unable to open resource module chooks5axmsurf.dll"

(This usually means that the 5axmsurf.dll is missing from the 'chooks' folder)

or some other error information.

*The following is really a hack, but will get rid of the startup error. wink.gif

If you never do any 5axis stuff, in this case you can rename the 5axmsurf.ft file to 5axmsurf.ftt.