Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Bottle threads

shifter

Has any of you guys seen this type of callout?

48-400 or

48 fitment

These are callouts for bottle threads and I was wondering if Mastercam has the capability to allow a CNC milling machine to make the female version of this thread size. I'd like to have them machined into aluminum so that the aluminum piece would act as a cap (allow a bottle to be threaded into it).

Anyone know anything about this?

Thanks!

Thanks, everyone. The glass packing institute web site contains a link to the cap side of things. Both sites have drawings that I should be able to use. htm01, it sounds like your shop has cut bottle threads. If so, have you cut female threads as well? I should have a drawing this weekend of a part containing female bottle threads (or cap threads, as I call them). The solid model may not be perfect, but I can always attach the pdf drawing of the threads, along with the chart. This way, I won't have to copy everything to my own drawing.

htm01,

Yes, I plan on using a gasket ring at the bottom of the cap. The cap will also have some pipe tap holes (2) and a center, straight threaded hole. Initially, I need just one so that I can run some experiments. I should be able to send you a drawing by Sunday night if that's okay with you. My company is as small as they come - 1 person, so I cannot spend too much. However, I'd appreciate a quote if you can - thanks!