Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Pre defined Variables

Leandro

Roger:

This is my dealers answer

"That was for V9 and is not available any more.

Sorry."

I think this is not right. I pay for a maintenance. I can not imgine that this is CNC policie.

Actually in former times this guide was included in the "standard package" from Mastercam. I don´t need to ask apart for this.

How can I get this guide??

I thank you very much for all your colaboration.

Leandro

The Post Processor Reference Guide I referred to was never included on the "standard package" from Mastercam.

It is available to your Dealer (via download).

As I said -> "The current Ref. Guide is 'v9'."

It is currently being updated and no I do not know when these updated docs will be available.

Having been involved in the creation of the current (v9) Reference Guide, I know what a huge job it is!

Are there any plans to release a more current Post Processor Reference Guide? I have the V9 guide and it has been tremendously helpful on my recent post conversion. I still forget the darned $ sometimes. I must admit, I didn't use the pdf's that came with X or X2 much at all.

A more current guide with everything up to date to an X release would be very nice. But hey, beggars can't be choosers right?

Are they sending you a CD with the PDF's? Or are they printing it out and seding you a printed version?

I started to print the files out because I like printed documentation. However, some of the volumes are VERY large and I gave up on that pretty quickly.

I hope I didn't get my reseller in trouble.... Unless they sent a bill to my company I wasn't aware of.

quote:

Are there any plans to release a more current Post Processor Reference Guide?

Rick,

Please re-read my previous posting. rtfaq.gif

quote:

I have them all printed a great reference. It took me about a month to print them all years ago, but still have them when I want to look something up

Printed it ?!? eek.gif

Maybe some of it. But the whole thing must be well over 1000+ pages!

Plus (if you're not aware of this), it comes with a index that makes searching the PDFs very fast and there are well over 1000 hyper-links that cross-reference between related data items.

Plastmo,

Where would the fun be in that? Seriously though, the MP post is pretty darn advanced and once you learn the MP language, it is also reasonably easy to use. Why would you want to give up all that control? I think an updated Post Reference Guide (which is in work by the way) will go a long ways towards making the post more user friendly.

quote:

Roger Martin from CNC Software Said:

Rick,

Please re-read my previous posting.

quote:

It is currently being updated

Whoops headscratch.gif , Roger, I missed that statement completely.. Glad to hear it's in the works.

quote:

Crazy^Millman Said:

rdshear I have them all printed a great reference

I have printed several key areas that I found I was using frequently. Maybe someday I'll print the whole thing. I just hate to tie up the printer that long.