Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

solids from surfaces extras

mikechvz

Mike,

If you still have the part as surfaces, try running Analyze/Test Surfaces to see if any problems with trimmed surfaces boundaries are detected. Sometimes that helps. If some are found, allow the function to clean them up and then re-try the surfaces-->solids function.

Your other alternative is to use 'Remove faces' and then try to stitch a new surface in. Might be messy, but just might work...

quote:

Your other alternative is to use 'Remove faces' and then try to stitch a new surface in. Might be messy, but just might work...

When I did that I lost a majority of the drawing.. seems the ring was intertwined with a radius that tied it to the rest of the drawing. I created surfaces from the solid..deleted the ring and patched it..then created solids from surfaces.

Hope its what you wanted cheers.gif

Michael..mail on the way