Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

STL File Location Default

thewarrior1012

So, I'm running X2 MR2 and I frequently use STL files in my verifies. After updating to MR2, it seems that it reset my STL default directory to a local -data- directory. I need it to go to a network location, but I cannot find where that gets set. It doesn't appear that you can pick those default locations through Configuration > Files anymore.

Please Help? It is a small annoyance that gets me 20 times a day now...

Todd.

The new File interface should do what you want without adding more options.

When you are prompted to save an STL file go to the favorites area of the file Open/Save dialog, right-click and create a new shorcut.

Name it what you want, and place it where you want in the list. Remember that this dialog is now resizable.

Then when you are prompted to save the STL file you can click on the favorites folder.

quote:

Sorry about that Thad, i was looking in X3 not X2-MR2 when i answered the question.

Ken, just to clarify, your example earlier was for when you wanted to save a stl file. Does it function the same way in X3 when when you want to locate a .stl for compare to STL in verify?

Thad