Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Blonde Moment...

I am trying to mill a hex on a rotary table on a vertical. Done it before but be darned if I can remember how. I think my issue is the plane I am working in.

I drew the lathe part and put the hex on it from the right side view now I want to mill from...? Blonde moment!! :banghead:

Thanks for bearing with me...I may have no hair currently but I am still a blonde at heart...

Toolman, I am looking to do this on a mill, not a lathe. Correct me if I am wrong (please!) but are C-axis not lathe TP's only?

None the less, I gave it a shot with the C-axis and it does what I want, but it orients the cutter as if it was a horizontal, not a vertical, even tho it is set to the TOP toolplane across the board.

There has to be a way the achieve the top toolplane and B axis mill around a part. If one can do multi axis, 5 axis work, why is milling around a part with a 4th axis hard? Since I dont have lv3 or 5 axis...I can't answer my own question but maybe someone with the 5ax can.

Mike76, the only reason I hesitate to do it this way is because it generates a lot of code and, since as yet, doesn't seem to be a way to do it presented, I would really like to do it this way. =] The reason I have a lot of code is because I have to do a bunch of DOC's based on where my hex is on the part.