Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

CNC programers required urgently

cmfugen

• 4 years later...

i think $40 hr is unrealistic most shops in southern california want to pay 20-25hr for a programmer ive made close to 40 before but with the way the economy is right now there low balling everyone hell ive been a programmer for 11 years done 5 axis in the begining lots of surfacing and precision parts and i am down to 27.64 hour but thats just survival pay till companys get desparate to hire again but that also might change soon cause i am going to interview at a big aerospace company on tuesday and i told them what i want and they said that it was in there budget and asked me to interview.

Excuse me,

Before this gets locked, I was not an employee of CNC Software when I wrote that post 4 years ago. I worked for Boeing at the time, in Everett Washington. That was the going rate, at the time, for good programmers in my area.

You appear to have a significant chip on your shoulder, judging by your user name alone. There are plenty of people on this forum who know me, both professionally and personally, and can vouch for my character. I go out of my way to help people on this forum.

Unfortunately, when I changed my name to a CNC Software employee, it also changed all my old posts as well. I've been here a lot of years before I joined the company, and you can find many old posts of mine that were made to express my opinion, or give the best advice I could to people about Mastercam.

It's a shame that you feel the need to make untrue accusations about me.

Posted Yesterday, 11:59 PM

Excuse me,

Before this gets locked,

I'm serious.... Narcoleptic, but very serioussssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss. Shoot happenned again. I come with a water bottle to shoot me in the face with when I doze, and traveling back in time to 2007 sounds awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

This place is ridiculous, it really is!

I don't see it?!?!?!?!?

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

IBTL

i think $40 hr is unrealistic most shops in southern california want to pay 20-25hr for a programmer...i am down to 27.64 hour...

Resurrecting a job thread from 2007... and quoting wages from 4 years ago...really? I mean REALLY???

So, you're only making $27.64 in SoCal... OC at that... with your stated experience a couple things come to mind and try to not get offended; 1) You need to get out in the sunshine more often and 2) You need to do a WAY better job of networking in the industry.

Highly skilled people ARE in demand, and ARE commanding good salaries even in this era of double digit unemployment. I advertised here for a job opportunity a few weeks ago on the forum... IIRC I did not get a PM from you stating you were interested... I believe I recieved like 3 messages of interested parties. Brian Cerkas advertises in here OFTEN for jobs in the $35-$45/hr range.

Jes sayin'