Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Dell's new laptops

Roger Peterson

Kind of dumb question here, but just want to get feedback before I pick a Dell laptop out. I currently have a Dell M90, and it works fine. I am going to be passing it off to another programmer and getting a new one. It looks like the best Dell has right now is the 6300, so my qestions are how much is the processor worth. They want 1300 to go from 2.2 to 2.8 ghertz. The other questions regard dual monitors, and a space ball of some sort. It looks like James is using deul monitors, is it ok with that graphics card? Also can you use a space pilot or something like that without any trouble. Thanks a lot guys

quote:

In fact I can’t contact any company representing the company I work for.

Man, that is broken. How do they expect you to get anything done? Maybe you could send a request up the chain for authorization for you to contact your Mastercam dealer for tech support? Or get the boss to contact the dealer to have the dealer contact you? One way to frame it might be to point out that the boss' time is more valuable, and does he really want to spend his time doing something that an underling could be doing?

Off on a tangent, one time when I was working for a small custom bike shop in TX the boss was getting on my case about chips on the floor and wanted me to clean them up. I didn't feel like it, so I asked him if he wanted to pay my wage for having the floor swept, or if he wanted to pay a highschool kid's wage for it. He told me to go back to the machining. smile.gif

JDowe

http://www.dell.com/

(on the right) Small & Medium Business

(on the left) Refurbished

(on the left "Select a product line" down arrow)

Dell Precision

These are not all stripped down. The whole range from basic to many bells and whistles.

Previously ordered new, Certified Refurbished and Scratch & Dent. I think all with full warranty.

Very good prices, you can go to Dell's regular site and spec exactly or close to what is offered and see the savings.

Dual monitors are the only way to go.

I recently purchased the Dell XP M2010 with 20.1 inch monitor.

I use a 17" dell monitor to extend my desktop. The video card was designed for gaming but works real well with Mastercam after I disable the hardware acceleration.

This computer is lightning quick and handles the more intense Mastercam files like nothing I have ever seen.