Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Math calculationgs X2 MR2

Jacob Featherstone

For details on use of the Math Enabled fields, see ->

C:McamX2-MR2documentationWhatsnew.htm

and search for the topic: Inline Calculator/Evaluator

That you are getting the Range Error,

It may be that something isn't loaded correctly.

Try this ->

In Windows, do Start -> Run and enter this command ->

RegSvr32 C:McamX2-MR2MCeval.dll

If that doesn't make it "better", the next question would be... What is the formula you are using and in what field(s)?

I've been having this issue as well. It's been intermittent. When I first setup this computer, my math worked just fine. Then after a week or so, it just went away. not sure what the deal was. I tried to register the DLL, but to no avail. I'll try restarting mastercam here after my toolpath finishes regenerating. Frustrating not being able to put in ".5mm" for radii and whatnot.

Andrew

ps. all our machines that have this problem are 64 bit.

It took a while today for this error to occur, but it did. I was able to try the following equations:

1.1+1 , 1+1.1 , 1+1+1+1.1 , 1.1+1+1+1+1 and so on...

I tried this with all simple functions (+,-,/,*) and every time I got the same error.

I tried mixing up the number and signs in the equation. Every example would work without the decimal, but as soon as a decimal was added anywhere in the cell I would get the error.

I tried the above formula (5/4)+1 and it would not work, that said, at this point division won't work at all... Not even 1/1, but division did work in the past.

I tried (5*4)+1 , (5*4)+(2*2) ... and that worked fine. Again though, as soon as a decimal is introduced the cell produces an error.

I'll try a division formula again after a restart and see if it makes a difference.

My problem is intermittent as well. Sometimes I can input "1mm" and it'll output the .03937". It seems to depend on the dialog box, but then again, it'll work in that box sometimes, but not always. I've tried the "fix" above there. more 64 bit woes? If anyone is running vista with X2MR2, let me know. I'd be interested if vista 64 would do this. I'd like to update my work computer soon smile.gif

Andrew

I just tried entering "3mm" in a tool diamter box

on my x64 system at home. The conversion failed.

After trying Roger's suggestion

Run

RegSvr32 C:mcamxMCeval.dll

the conversion worked properly and returned .11811

[ 12-09-2007, 04:43 PM: Message edited by: gcode ]

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...