Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

cutter comp on a toolpath driving tool center

woody123

quote:

I would like to output cutter comp on a 2d or 3d toolpath driving tool center on the geometry.

An option like "compensation type: off w/comp"

From the help in Mastercam 2D contour

quote:

Wear - When this option is selected, Mastercam calculates the compensated tool positions just as if Computer was selected, but also outputs the G41/G42 codes. This lets the operator adjust for tool wear at the control. Enter the difference between the selected tool size and the reground tool size at the control as a negative number

I think that were is what you want to use as long as your post is setup to use cuttercomp correctly.

HTH

Glenn

I made my own custom 3D toolpath that is already offest by 1/2 the cutter dia. Now I want to select the custom 3D toopath geometry and still output cutter comp. Wear will offest the geometry again. I want to drive the tool center

on the geometry and still output G41.

Change at point will not allow this for 3D toolpaths.

If you chose "Control" in the Compesation type box, it will not offset the toolpath with the tool radius and it will post out a G41 if Compensation direction is set to Left or G42 if Compensation direction is set at Right.

Or you could just put a negative(tool radius) in the XY Stock to leave box for a 2D Contour.

woody, i believe you are being mislead by the simulation on the screen. as shazam says, turn off comp simulation. In control does drive the cutter on center with comp added to the program. draw a line from x0 y0 to x0 y1., run over it with control comp and post it. you will see it posts correctly.