Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

SETUP SHEET

PERRY C

I've been working on our setup sheet the mill.set file and I've got it about the way I want it but I cant figure out how to get it to stop out putting the same tool? It doesn't if there back to back operations but if there's an operation in between it list the tool again.

Any help would be appreciated because I cant seem to find where in the post to stop it I found one section on tool changes and got it to stop it if they were back to back but not anywhere to get to list the tools only onece weather there back to back or mixed.

Thanks

X2-MR2

MILL LEVEL 3

WIRE LEVEL 2

SOLIDS

Just a customized tool list is all I'm wanting Whcih now I had one of the operators ask If I could get it to just output Z max length so we'd know how much tool length we need extended out of the holder. Which I'd be happy to just have the tools required and pocket number.

Thanks

Paul,

You wouldn't have one that would produce a simple list with tools in order by tool # followed by operations in operation sequence by any chance? I have often thought of trying to get the mill.set to do that but couldn't figure out how to get the post to loop through twice - once to get the tool list and a second time to get operations.

The output I was looking for is something like:

T#1 tool 1 description

T#2 tool 2 description

OP#1 Operation1 Description

OP#2 Operation2 Description

Where the descriptions would be the entered comments from my toolpaths.

Right now I do a lot of copy/paste or just re-entering the descriptions in our setup sheets.

If you don't know of anything like that, could you point me in the right direction?

Thanks - and I hope I didn't hijack this thread... frown.gif

Rick

Perry, shoot me an email. The .set file I have will output exactly what you are looking for as is.

Rick,

What you are looking for can certainly be done. There are two ways I can think of off of the top of my head. The first would be to process using two separate .set files, the first generating the tool list portion and the 2nd (called from ppost$) generating the operation list portion, appending to the information created by the first .set file. This would allow for much cleaner (read as easy to understand) code in each .set file.

The 2nd option would be to reprocess the nci file using the same .set file which would contain the logic for both types of output activated by some kind of post switch. Personally, I think I'd opt for the first option. Either solution would take some time to code however.

Thanks Paul,

I hadn't thought of making 2 files. I was thinking along the line of using buffer files,one to store tools, and another to store operations, then combining them at the end into the output I wanted. 2 files seems much simpler. I think I'll pursue that path as time allows. A second perspective is so helpful at times... cheers.gif

Thanks again,

Rick