Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MC X2 MR2 crash during surf finish contour

ERIC14779

I am using MCam X2 MR2

I have a relatively simple solid of a 10 inch drain grate that I am trying to program. It is a second revision of one I already have cut.

Now I am trying to program the modified solid

I got a surface pocket op ok no problem

Surface finish contour (just the lower outer curcumference) that is OK

then I try to do a surface finish contour with a 1/2" ball mill it calculates most of the way

then the computer tries to access the floppy drive and I get the error notice dialog that wants your email and after getting out of that dialog

I get the unhandled exception error and mastercam closes

This is the first time I have ever had Mastercam crash on me EVER

other than when I was trying to do something stupid.

any ideas ???

"then the computer tries to access the floppy drive and I get the error notice dialog that wants your email and after getting out of that dialog.

I get the unhandled exception error and mastercam closes"

We had the same thing in 2 computers (same mcx). I send it to our reseller and he forwarded it to qc. They tryed it (the same file) in mr2 sp1 and x3. No problem. Only one mcx have done this to us....

This might be totally unrelated to your problem but I recently had a problem with surface rough and finish contours. I created a test mold and sent it to the local reseller. He acknowledged the problem and said he would submit it. I could not get the contours to go the bottom of the part when the surface changed in any way. The point to all this is, when I changed one setting everything worked. On the third tab go to advanced and make sure "over all edges" is checked. There is a problem with "only between surfaces" and I'm not sure about the "automatically" selection. It might not work for your problem but it fixed mine and the reseller confirmed there is a problem there.

Hope this helps,

Matt

today Monday 12/17

My computer would not boot up got the IT guy in and when we tried to do a windows XP repair.....

Yep you guessed it.... partition UNKNOWN.....

then got a UNMOUNTABLE DRIVE.

This is the third time something has caused my computer to not be able to boot.

the first time it was not so bad got it back by restoring to a earlier state with system restore.

second time was after the lightning strike took out our server and 2 other computers... mine died a few weeks later. Had to replace the HD and restore data/programs... I can still get info off the old drive.

this time not so lucky total destruction... Can not read HD even as a secondary drive on another working computer....

So I am getting a new Dell Precision box... That should do it....

I guess it is a early Christmas present.. From my boss