Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mill6 OpenGL Shading

mcarson

We have a computer in our CMM room running Windows Nt4 and MasterCAM Mill6. It has an NVidia Quadro2 Pro AGP card. When we select the video mode withing MasterCAM to GL, it will shade once and only once until we exit MC and open the part up again. Is there a setting I'm missing here, or is there a known issue between the two?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Mill6.exe was released May 24, 1997.

The Quadro was released last quarter of 2000.

possible conflict of open gl standard from 97 to 00.

I would like to see how this card works in v9. Any one out there running a quadro card.

I loaded v6 into 2 nt boxs with sp61 one an ati card and one a viper v770. The ati worked fine the viper locked up after a verify but worked ok on shade unshade op.

I've expressed to the shop foreman to upgrade to at least version 8, but they don't seem to listen very well. Is there any work around with this? Some kind of patch or something would be perfect....I'd rather not swap the cards if at all possible.

When you install V6 it gave you a choice opengl or *** (V6 mode or something) perhaps it has been installed sans opengl.

There was a file we use to delete in V6 NT4 the name escapes me now. Can anyone remember?

Just a thought

Allan

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Mastercam Version 6.13a was the last release for V6.The date on my CD says August 22, 1997. For the "lastest" patches available for V6 go here Mastercam Support Archive but if you are already running Version 6.13a you have the latest available. As far as I know they do not patch older products very often.