Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Lathe stock Association

DavidB

I create a stock solid by a revoling geom.

I move the chain, but the stock stays where the geometry was it has NO association to the geom like a pure solid would.

Is this how it should work?

I would have thought that if the geom to create the stock solid was moved so would the stock?

cheers.gif

Well David it has worked this way since X has started using solids. It was at one point erasing the solid if you used a solid for the lathe stock. It has quit doing that. I think what it is doing is storing a local copy of the stock like in a buffer. So you have it there always. Now if you move something erase something you still have stock what does the stock care. I like it that way. Though I always put my stock on a separate level for lathe. If I make a change then I go in an reselect the stock. Of it I am doing milling on the part and want to use the finished solid to verify the operation I go pick it and it will keep my stock like it was use that solid for the verify, then when I decide to go back to my stock I do not have ot go reselect it. If you make it dependent like Mill is then I think you lose a cool feature of lathe. Though I think in Mill you can do the same with regards to stock, but since I almost never use stock in Mill not sure.