Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Machine definition madness

cobra95kev

Hey guys we just got upgraded to X2 MR2 in our shop from XMR2.

I have 2 machine defs I am working with trying to get one of them working right for a horizontal Makino with a pro 3 control.

They are both MPMaster one is a MPMaster for Makino I got from my reseller who got it from in house for me. The other one I just downloaded the generic one.

The generic one posts the b rotations right, the one for the makino was posting the rotations backwards. Say b-6.35 instead of b6.35.

So I double clicked in the machine def on the B axis and found the CW/CCW switch and it was opposite the generic MPMaster. So I switched it around and now it post B rotations the right direction just like the generic MPMaster. The only problem is that it gives an error when posting of "ROTARY AXIS LIMIT EXCEEDED" but it posts the right rotations. Is there something else I should have changed to go along with flipping the CW/CCW direction?

Thanks,

Anything would be helpful,

quote:

"ROTARY AXIS LIMIT EXCEEDED"

This is just an idea

That has a familiar ring to it. When I started wire I used to get Taper Angle Exceeds limit or something like that. But when it posted things looked good except I would get the warning.

Take a peek at your start positions in the machine definition I had to change the Z start position in wire from 10 inches to zero and the warning stopped. Just maybe you need to change your start position..

Sorry you could flame me for this suggestion if you wish as it's a shot from the dark side.

Thanks guys,

edmBosto,

Do you mean the home position in the machine def for z axis?

I did change that one from 10.0 to 0.0 and it still errors out.

I am sure I will get it figured out soon. If not I will call my reseller Monday. Seems like stuff like this only happens on a friday afternoon or on the weekend.

Thanks,

try setting your positioning and reposition max/mins to-100000.0 and 100000.0 like this

screen8.png

If that doesn't do it, what values do you have set in the fixed/continuous positioning or break rotary / chordal values sections?

Thanks guys,

John's suggestion appears to have worked.

I think there is alot of strange stuff that happens when you go messing with this stuff.

On the generic mpmaster horizontal if you go in and mess with these settings and back out without hitting the green check it still posts fine. But if you go in and just look at the settings and then get out with using the green check mark it changes something and then I get the rotary warning even on the generic mpmaster?

Bizzare behaviour if you ask me.

Also the generic Mpmaster horizontal works fine with all zero's in the values that John had me change. WTF! banghead.gif

Thanks again to everyone who helped.

Different posts Kevin,

You can not expect them to function the same, one is for a specific machine type the other is generic, it is "meant" to be adjusted for the need at hand.

Nothing surprising about the difference to me at least

What I find strange though is I switched posts earlier this morning with the X+ utility.

When I posted with the mpmaster generic MD and the generic post it posted fine.

Then I changed the Post to the mpmaster makino post with the mpmaster generic md it still posted fine.

So it had to be something in the Makino MD that was causing the alarm.

I could never get the machine def to stop giving me the error once I tried to change it. so I changed this line below from zero to one in my post and all is good.

"one_rev : 1 #Limit rotary indexing between 0 and 360? (0 = No, 1 = Yes)"

I dont like winding up the pallet anyhow.

I was really frustrated with the machine def and the error I kept getting. Is it a bug? All my settings were just like JP showed here.