Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Level manager bug?

SLJ

did a quick search, but nothing showed up. Running X2,MR2,SP1, 11.2.4.6

Several times over the last two weeks I've transfered entities from one layer to another and gotten the error "invalid argument has been encountered". The level manager is then locked up, but everything else works. The only way I've found to get around it is to shut down and reopen MC. If I remember right it's usually when I move a bunch of surfaces. Working with aircraft files brought in as igs. It's happened on two different computers, Dell 490, dual core xeon, and my new Dell T5400, quad core xeon. Both have FX Quadro video

A minor irratant is that MC takes forever to open on the new machine, but is really fast once open. Settings moved to "Best Performance" to cut down on eye candy.

Is anyone else seeing the level lock up problem?

it usually happens to me just after converting the file and I start cleaning it up . I usually move construction geo. to some of the higher # levels as well as excess surfaces. Makes it a little easier to work on a file if I know where to look for things.

The same issue arose in the Beta Forum the other day. I'll repost here what I posted there since most users can't get there...

-----

"One reason to see this message has to do with installing an older version of Mastercam after a newer one. The Levels Mgr uses McListCtl.OCX which gets registered by the install. If an older version of Mcam is installed, and thus an older McListCtl.OCX is installed, the new version of Mastercam will have trouble working with it.

I'm not saying that that's' what's happening to Ron, but it's one possible cause."

------

That "invalid argument" is the error that would most likely be sent if the mismatch described above happens. I would recommend "repairing" the newer version.

Nope, just the newest version on this desktop. I have both this and V9,Sp1? on my laptop, but haven't done any programming on it in a couple of months. Don't remember having this problem on it.

Forgot to add, running XP on all three machines.

I get this also. I keep the level manager open full time if that helps any. With smaller files I can get this error, but the levels work and after doing some toolpathing the error will just go away. Sometimes I will have to close the level manager and reopen it then alls well. With the larger files I will sometimes have to close and reopen the files and sometimes I'll have to close and restart MC. It also does seem that the fix has a lot to with the memory drag/leak (whatever you want to call it). When you can open up the colors window and the window graphics start slowing down the level error seems to happen more often and the fix becomes more drastic.