Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

remove old versions

malibu

• 2 weeks later...

Even after an uninstall, you'll have folders left hanging around. I'm surprised to hear they're 2GB though. You can just delete them, assuming you've done the proper uninstall. Typically, they're config files, tool libraries, ops libraries, .vbs files, etc. Nothing that can actually launch the older version.

As far as the original question goes, I'm not exactly sure if makes a difference what order you uninstall them in. I've always done them oldest to newest, simply because that's how they were listed in Add-Remove Programs. By version, I always start with add-ons (videos, documentation, etc) then SPs or MRs, etc and work back to the main version.

Thad

Yes, I just did a search and come up with the same thing. This may be the wrong time to ask (as the reapir is taking place) but do I need to back up some files to protect my config settings, machine def's and custom toolbars?

update>>>

Looks like it worked out.

[ 02-11-2008, 12:39 PM: Message edited by: perseid88 ]

Regarding uninstalling old versions: For some reason when I did a side by side install of the MR2 version, the control definitions were still pointing to the MR1 folder. When I manually copied the machine defs and control defs into the "proper" MR2 folders I was getting errors, so I pointed back to the MR1 folders. If I remove MR1, will the MR2 version that I use now still function correctly? It's too bad Mastercam is not "smart" enough to configure itself correctly and it seems we have to tinker with it after every install!