Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Lathe Quick toolpaths

Dave Ball

Personally I use the canned all the time. its all in the way you chain them.

I have never used the quick toolpaths so Im not much help there.

But dont be to worried about the canned, once I figured it out it works great for me.

I have 100's of postable lathe programs in MCAM.

Not to say I didnt have my share of problems along the way, I learned lathe long before I got on this forum and I just always thought it must of been my error and kept plugging away at it until I got what I needed.

Although I guess if I figured out how to do it wrong and they made it work right I'd be all screwed up. lol

This is all just single spindle and turret

2-5 axis stuff though, i am not sure about anything beyond that.

connermac,

I have used them but not often. I almost alway rough with a larger radius insert and finish with a smaller so the canned doesnt work for that.

I also like to have more control and the finish function lets me be more specific.

I would really like to see a canned facing cycle instead of having to use the canned groove.

quote:

I would really like to see a canned facing cycle instead of having to use the canned groove

In canned rough, if you define your Rough Direction as Face instead of OD, don't you get a canned facing cycle? Works in 9.1

[ 03-05-2008, 08:12 AM: Message edited by: chris m ]

Chris,

you are right it does output a canned but it is a G72 and I prefer G75.

Good news is that since I have become alot better at editing my posts I know I can change this to be whatever I want. DUH!!

Thanks,

I got so used to doing it the other way because I could make it work I just stuck with it.