Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Probing questions for a Horizontal

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Well, We just shook hands on a HP5100 Daewoo Horizontal and a Puma 2000Y live tooled turning center

The Horiz comes with 116 tools, 14k, tool management, AI NANO, A ton of options, Laser tool probe, spindle probe. Yada Yada.

We've negotiating a building, so we're putting the delivery off till the end of June

Lots of money but I'm stoked!!

You'll be really pleased with the Daewoo, I thought it was a great machine. If you want some tips I've got a nice Daewoo 4 axis horizontal post that was developed from MPMaster. It might require some tweaking for your particular setup, but I added some nice features. Shoot me an email and I'll send it your way.

quote:

I really really want to get back in to 5 axis mill programming

Ron, when you coming up? biggrin.gif

We've got six 5 axis machines, and I'm the only one capable. frown.gif

Jim, depending on the type of work, you may want to consider Niigata. Big, beefy, accurate, and reliable. For speed, there is none better than Enshu. Period.

:Flame suit on:

We have both touch and laser probes for setting. One thing to look at is distance between readers if going laser. The farther apart, the more problematic. Focus area smaller, etc... I prefer the TS27's if mountable. Elect. contact are available also, but not as accurate. AI Nano/HPCC are a must. As many offsets as you can cram in, All available macro variables, and USE tool life mgmt.

Make sure you get HP coolant and air thru spindle is good too. Lotsa new feedmills must run dry, but wif air, life triples.