Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mazak Chuck Barrier

MultiAxGod

I was wondering if anyone has any information/knowledge fo Chuck Barriers for EIA programs for the Mazak 640T Control.

I have gone thru the manual and there are a number of parameters but not much information as to what really controls what. Am running an EIA program, bringing the turret close to the chuck but the barrier is stopping me 5mm away from my cut position in "Z". Company has run Mazatrol programs this close but this is the first EIA program and there seems to be different parameters to handle Mazatrol chuck barriers and EIA chuck barriers.

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this also and if so, what parameter number or combination of parameters it is that handle the "Z" barrier definition.

Thanks

confused.gif

Thanks guys. For the moment, it looks like I got around it with BA19 Parameter setting. Increased it from 1387475 to 1500000 and my tool was allowed to go to the chuck without barrier alarm. Not sure if this is the best fix or just happened to work.

Thanks, Ron.

Got 'em Rob and will look thru them after a bit.

David, I have been trying to figure out the chuck definition and the turret tool offset combinations. Can't find any good drawings/descriptions in the book to make it more understandable.

My barrier Parameters only go to BA132 Steve.

Thanks guys for all the quick help. cheers.gif

read a little more and we have a Quickturn Steve, not an Integrex, so no sub spindle.

Thanks Rob, but these are the same as my manuals. Still can't figure out these definitions for the chuck/jaw types and the turret so I'll have to experiment some to find the answers or wait for Mazak techs to respond!

cheers.gif