Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Haas VM3

Ray H.

I know it is possilbe to single block through a program and load all the codes at the beginning of the program, then go into edit or (?) and pick up and start the program in a later spot sya for instance if you had to putn in a new tool. Any help would be appreciated.

Yes, that is correct. As long as you do not perform a lot of arithmetic functions all over the place in your program it is pretty simple. In the Haas you should be able to scan down to the beginning of your tool in edit, go into memory mode and single block down through the WOFS call and TLO calls, then go back into edit mode and skip down to the block you want, then back into memory and pick up the program. I'm pretty sure that Haas also offers a 'restart mode' that "runs" the program through the memory until it gets to the block you selected and starts from there. This, in my opinion, is the safer way to handle this but it can take some time if you have a large program.

Be aware that the machine is going to head from where it is to where it wants to be in a more or less straight line, so don't be somewhere that it is going to wipe out your fixtures, part, rotab, etc.

Is there a way without using the restart mode. I use dto do this years ago on a slightly different control. Like a Haas VF9.

We would single block through, then get out and scroll to our desired star point and then jump back into memory and start from there. I probably will not get clearance to change the actual settings, I have no clout over hear. That is why I am looking to do it old school like.

Ray, if you "can't" use restart made then you can do what I posted originally.

Doug, there should be a way to skip over those kinds of things when doing a restart, but I don't know what it is. In Okuma controls there is a signal VRSTT which is high during a restart, so you can put IF[VRSTT NE 0]NSKIP in front of your probing, part pickoffs, part catch, etc to skip over them during this operation. Haas probably has something in there that tells the machine it is performing a restart; if you can find out what it is then you could jump around your probing and allow the machine to operate the same way all of the time.

C

Do they allow you to override the door? Program Restart is on the same page, if I remember right? headscratch.gif Just turn it on and run what you need.

It will move to the last Z level before moving, so be careful, but it will initiate all the tool settings. Be careful with the comp too.

If there are macro calls and it can't find or evaluate what it needs to, then it will alarm and won't work anyway.

Make sure to turn program restart back off again after using it or the next time you jump down to a tool to start from, it will read thru everything before it and possibly send Z somewhere you don't want it to.

cheers.gif

Chris,

Referring back to your original post. It does not allow me to go back and forth. I start from the beginning, single block through and then when I press edit it says on the command line to wait or reset. I cannot get it to allow me to scroll through to the desired area.

Sorry Ray, maybe I'm leading you down the wrong path. The method I described will work in a Fanuc or a Yasnac so I assumed it'd work on the Haas since it is essentially a hybrid ripoff of those two controls. In that case I'll defer to the Haas guys, but I'm with multax in that it is very easy to go to the settings page and turn on the 'restart mode' to do what you want. I would explain to your superiors that they can either let the machine cut air for an hour after you replace a broken/worn out tool, or they can 'let' you use the machine the way we're describing with the 'restart' enabled and save themselves some money.

C

I always use a M97 P?? after the the tool lenght callout and the coolant on, then I put a number in the line I want to start on and it jumps to that line. That being said I dont use it with subprograms, that could become dangers if you dont take it out for the next part. It will start at that line with the number, M97 can be very useful and dangerous if you forget to remove it.