Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Edge curves from solids

Thad

Thanks for the info, Span.

Rick, mainly what I've seen is incomplete curves that break through the top surface. Usually it's on non-flat surfaces, but today it was on a flat area. There have been other issues, but they're not so easy to type.

Thad

Thad,

Are you talking about edge curves one solids or surfaces. I am using X2MR2 SP1. I only work with solids. They are either imported as parasolids or .sldprt files. I have never had an issue with edge curves. I import the models with no edge curves then create them as needed. Is this the method you are using.

Justin,

I'm talking about edge curves from solids. The same curves that come in bad from a solid will come in fine from a surface created from that solid.

My files are parasolids that were exported from UG. I create edge curves on import.

I've tried re-creating the bad edges from the solid when I realize there's a problem. I get another bad curve.

Thad

I put edge curves.x_t in the Solids folder on the FTP. No matter what order I do it in, I can't get proper edge curves (from a solid) on the holes that go around the cavity. If you zoom in, you'll see just a segment of the hole.

Convert the top face to a surface, create curves and it works. But not with a solid.

Thad