Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Solid Help

Rakesh

Hi everybody

If any body can help me. I draw 1.1 dia solid shaft and at the end I have hex 1. inch. across and bottom of the hex is not square shoulder but have 15 deg. If this simple hex I can cut extrude but this have 15 deg shoulder. How I should acheive this? Any help will be aprreciated.

thanks

Rakesh,

How about creating and edge curve along one flat, then in a front plane relative to your line draw your chamfer and then sweep cut it.

you can simply rotate your geometry to complete the other angles.

You also could draw your angle midplane and extrude cut in both direction "thru all"

Hi John

Thanks for your help. I am still struggling to make it right. I put file on ftp uder mcx2_files/Rak_solid_help.

I have solid at this stage

ScreenShot029.jpg

I have a drive geom for angle. When I swept cut or go for other route to create body both way it give the alarm of " Path curve os not smooth with in 5 degree.

File is on the ftp and if any body can help

thanks

ScreenShot028.jpg

If you are only trying to do the flat areas a sweep is not necessary or needed.

If you are trying to create an angle on the entire thing, then I would say do the 15 angle first and then the flats. It really depends on what you're trying to get.

If what you want is what I did, then the extrude cut is probably the easiest way to get that result.