Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

newb question-reverse engineer

Cjones

I hope all are well.

Newb question. I have been given compd programed geometry (internal bore) and asked to make a print. I know the boring bar used had a .01 nose (thanks to a well organized program). Without having to go to each point/curve and working trig mojo, is it possible to have MC translate the drawn programmed path into the original part geometry? The newb in me wonders if I'm missing sometihng really simple. Here is the shortest example. I've got one that is 30 lines long and do not want to hand edit. Any suggestions will be much appreciated. smile.gif

TY,

Chris

code:

G0 T0505

G97 S3200 M03

G0 X.808 Z.1 M8

G99 G1 Z0. F.001

G2 X.661 Z-.047 R.08

X.623 Z-.095 R.6

G3 X.374 Z-.24 R.335

G2 X.17 Z-.426 R.21

G3 X.142 Z-.5 R.8

G1 X.1349 Z-.4965

G0 Z.03

Thank you all, very handy links. The dosman convertor will go in my cool ad ons. Now my next question is: How can I "uncomp" the geometry that is drawn. I have the code from my first post drawn but it is comped for a .01 nose cutter. How can I get the actual part dimensions through MC, without doing it by hand?

TY,

Chris