Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Imported Files all on one level

kenfromlodi

Ken,

What kind of files are you converting? I've seen this before too, but don't remember what file type. IIRC, everything came in on level 1.

When importing files, after you single click to select the file, you'll see the Options box wake up. Click it and see what your import settings are. There *may* be something in there.

Thad

quote:

it is in version 9

Sorry, I misread (I learned that from Hillary biggrin.gif ) your original question. I thought you were referencing how V9 used to work and now you need to do it in X.

I don't recall how to access the import settings in V9. It was too long ago. frown.gif

Thad

Ken,

Several things could be causing that to happen (most of which most likely have been repaired in X). There is no setting in Mastercam that controls it (in V9 or in X).

The most likely candidate is that the entities are members of a block and they're all coming in on the block's level. At least that's my educated guess.

I can take a look at it for you if you like (you can email it to [email protected] and tell them to send it to Pete), but you should also know that no improvements are being made to V9.

Thanks for the offer Pete but I think it something with this computer.

I use X2MR2 and one of the other programmers uses V9 and is having the problem. When I open the file on my computer in V9 it separates the levels just as they were but his wont. We even scrounged up the install disc and completely removed and re-installed V9.1 on his system and still get the problem. Not exactly sure what is going on but I believe if he went to X2MR2 that he would no longer have an issue. So at this point I would guess he has to deal with it.