Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

simple chaining

gregory23

I am new to Mastercam, but this should be simple. I have browsed several forums and haven't seen a similar question. I am trying to make a slot to a depth. For some reason I cannot get the arcs and the lines to chain together. I am using a pocket profile. This makes absolutely no sense! I am using X2. Thanks in advance.

It has been trimmed, and on the same level. I started by creating 2 circles. I then snapped a line between the circles. One of my problems is when I move the pointer over the arc to start the line I get several icons. A horizontal line with a X throught it, a X to X icon, and sometimes a circle with marks at 12pm 3pm 6pm and 9pm. Not sure what I need. I have been uning the X to X icon when it appears.

gregory, i dont know what other geometry you have ,but for the heck of it just save the slot and go to screen statistics. you should have 2 arcs and 2 lines right.

click somewhere on one arc, someplace that doesn't pop up an icon. Then click on the next arc. That will give you the tangent line between the arcs.

When you click on the first arc you should be able to see the line rotate around the arc as you move the mouse before you click the second arc.