Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

4th axis problems

i am having problems with some simple 4th axis positioning programs. i can post A0, A90, A180 with out problems but A270, or back face when i post it out i get not A rotation and the error i get is "only single axis rotaion is allowed". i am using mc9.1 and a modified mpmaster post for a FULLAND mill with a MELDAS control. i get no errors posting front and bottom but it is the back that is not working. please help. i have managed to cheat and get the job programed but it is frustrating to edit the code every time i repost an op.

bob

how should the axis be in relation to the back? could you post a quick file to show me? my part is 3" x 3" x 24" long held on A axis along X. i face mill, drill and thread mill npt olong the 4 sides. not hard. in MC it back plots and verifies great. so i was thinking it was my post. (the person who made the post for us was not a pro and i had to fix it when he was done. ) in MC it looks good from all views.

bob

• 1 year later...