Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How to build a post processor for MasterCam

cadviet

Hello everybody

I am new person in post processor. At the present, I am trying to build a post processor for MasterCam V9.1 to export G-code for 5 axis CNC machine. Please give me some basic information about: 'how to build a post processor for MasterCam".

Many thanks in advance

Earth to student. Did you make your own book for Calculus? Did you make your own book for Physics? I can appreciate your wanting to do something like this because I thought I wanted to go down that road as well. Problem is the MP language is a combination of some computer language and abstract ideas from probably 20 different people. Variables make sense to those that made it and relate to Mastercam, but to the outside world of computer language look like French to them. You best bet will be getting a generic post and the post def CD to get an idea how it works. What it's basic structure is and how it process variables. Then from there you can start building your own post if you so feel inclined at that point. Book are made to teach others if we did not need examples to learn there would not be any books. Look to a different posts as your book or road map to help you sort things out.

HTH

Oh, sure! Teach him to plagiarize!

J/K.

Listen to him cadviet. He knows what he's talkin' about. Get a sample post and study the layout, logic, and flow. That will get you more than we could, because we have no idea of your level of expertise.

Get some ideas, and ask some specific questions, then we can help you.

Good luck! cheers.gif

Specify thank to every body

Actually, I didn't know how difficult to build a CAM post-processor. As your answer, I feel that to build a CAM post-processor with experience of student is very difficult. So, How about if I get a sample post and study the layout, logic, and flow and then modify it suitable with my CNC machine? This work is possible?

Look on the FTP when it is back up there are a bunch on there. Most are generic and just modified for the machine the people need. Also you should have some installed on your install of Mastercam. If you are not sure call your dealer they are always very helpful to those trying to learn.

HTH

quote:

Sorry..How can I contact with dealer to by this disk?

Find A Reseller

The disks are inexpensive and are an excellent resource.

quote:

And If I modify a Cam post, I should use what programing language (Visual basic, C++ ..or...)or simple by notepad of Microsoft.

You could open/edit the .pst file with notepad.