Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

wrench flats

Gerry Badger

Good day all

I'm trying to make 2 flats, parallel, .437 across the flats. I can get the first one but in backplot and verify the X axis goes thru the piece to x-1.6*** and then comes back to the pos side and then goes and machines the 2nd flat. This is my 1st time doing this on my own and I am becoming bilingual, english and profanitiy! banghead.gif I have tried chaining the second side in a different direction and still no luck. Nobody else here has any idea how a C axis even works. I'm using MCX MR2. The lathe has live tooling and a full C axis. How would I capture the screen so that i could put it up on the board? Any help would be great. Thanks in advance

One thing to check is some parameter settings.

In opps manager click on parameter,on the bottom of the toolpath parameter page put a check mark in the box beside Rotary Axis then click on the rotary axis tab. Click small circle beside "C-Axis". This should now show the proper movement in backplot and verify.

Use lathe toolpath, c-axis,cross contour,pick your contour, select tool,input the appropriate speeds, feeds and such. You will need to use lead inout to adjust the start and end of the contour. This method will leave a radius 1/2 the diameter of your cutter at the end os the contour.

Another way to do this would be to transform the toolpath.

Right click on the operation to transform,lathe toolpath, transform,select the correct operation,(type)rotate, tool plane,click on the rotate tab, fill out the fields accordingly.

Play with the options a bit to familiarize yourself with what you can do.

Phil

quote:

How would I capture the screen

On the main menu bar go to screen,copy screen image to clipboard,window the area to copy and then use it as you would any clipboard image and paste it where needed.

Do a search of the forum on how to put up photo's. If has been gone over many times.

Phil