Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Error Reports

Murray Mold

When MasterCAM (un)expectedly shuts down and has the error report where you fill in your email and a description of what you were doing when it crashed, why do you not always get a response from them? I've been working on a simple 2d program and have been getting my threadmill "To Size" on my workpiece and almost every time I click on the threadmill parameters to adjust my Overcut Allowance, MCAM crashes and I have sent in all the error reports (9 or 10) and have not gotten a single response.

Can any of you old Guru's in here look at my file and see if it does it to you also?

Thanks

I have sent plenty of crash reports over the last few years only to find out that CNC software never received any of them. Wow what a waste of time filling in my email address each time. It seems our company's network blocks them. Our IT manager is currently working on finding solution.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I have recieved a few replys so I KNOW they get them. I make them as detailed as possible so they can track trends easier.

For me, I notive 90% of my crashes are related to dynamic rotation of my model with my SpaceNavigator. Perhaps it's a driver issue, perhaps not. In X3 I have not had a single crash report related to dynamic rotation though.

We just got a question about a crash report generated last week.

I have received a few requests for files and more indformation.

These are looked at, they are utilized.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...This forum site gets faster/better results anyway...

headscratch.gif

I would think you would want the bug (if the problem was not OE) fixed as opposed to just a workaround given. Don't get me wrong, work-arounds are VERY important, but seems to me getting to and addressing the ROOT of the problem is ultimately the best way to go.