Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

FANUC 18 M---HELP!!!

MasterMindsj

-----One of my operator accidently erase all of the memory/parameter/everything on the Super Max F102 with Fanuc 18-M . He was trying to to a hard reset but some how, now everything is gone, I can't even get the machine to move, all I see is the screen and the the " EMERGENCY flasing", with out the E-button press I can't do anything,----

First question:

- Do I need the factory 's param/setting?

or Can I just set everything again?

I don't want to waste time on calling the service guys, you guys know how they are, it gonna take them 1 day just to take out all the stuff, 1 more day to diagnos and the 3 rd day to tell you what really going on.. that total to be 3 days down time...

2nd question:

Is there a way that I can download the parameter and download to the machine again? or my only choice is thru service man???

Needing help....

ANY IDEAS WILL BE VERY APPRECIATED...

THANKS AHEAD OF TIME

ALL of the parameters need to be reloaded. There are WAAAAAAY too many to type in by hand.

if you don't have a backup you are going to be stuck waiting on someone to come in and do it for you.

Likely no, not unless they make them available someone but that would be the first I heard of that.

sometimes there is a disc in the control, I knnow there is on HAAS's

very often they (installers) copy parameters to a flash card during installation and either keep it or store it in the nc cabinet...

quote:

my operator accidently erase all of the memory/parameter

I still wonder, how in the world would he be able to do that headscratch.gif

sorry to say, your hosed. Is it a supermax as in "yci supermax" . If so I've got a good factory contact there if you can't get decent service from whoever your area dealer is. actually they are in la I think.

also too, you want to make sure you'll get the most up-to-date parameters if anything was changed from factory to current state of use. best resource is the techs.

When you get your machine just the way you want it use this procedure to backup your parameters.

Set communications parameters on computer to match machine.

Select the EDIT Mode.

Press the (System) hard key.

Press the (OPRT) Soft Key below screen.

Press the (Right Arrow) soft key.

Press the (Punch) Soft key.

Press the (EXEC) Soft key.

Output indicator should flash in bottom right corner.

When the output indicator stops flashing, loading is complete.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Once parameters are gone, unless you have the up to date parameters you're hosed. And on newer i Series controls, Option Parameters CANNOT be loaded by anyone other than a FANUC Technician because there are protected in a manner that only the FANUC guy can install them.

quote:

I know about the parameter disk on HAAS but not the FANUC...

This is a builder feature not a "Control Mfr." feature. Toyodas come with initial factory Parameters and so do Matsuuras. When I go to a customer for training, more often than not I do a COMPLETE system backup... or at least everything that FANUC lets me back up. You always want to have the following readily accessable;

[*]System Parameters

[*]System Configuration/Information

[*]CNC ID Numbers

[*]PMC Parameters

[*]PMC Ladder

[*]SRAM Backup

[*]System Software

Most of the system software and the SRAM Backup can only be obtained in one manner(and saved ONLY to Flash Card); from power up press and keep depressed the far 2 right soft-keys (right arrow and soft key next to it). SRAM Backup is one of the options (I should mention at this point that it should only be done by trained professionals...and my instruction here does not constitute training so I'm not responsible for screwing your machine up. This is tannamount to going into your Windows Registry - i.e. if you don;t know EXACTLY what you're doing don't do it. There I've said my piece). Select SRAM Backup and follow the prompts. DO NOT EVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES WRITE TO CNC unless you are instructed to do so by your Machine Tool's Factory representative. Select END when you're done. Back at the main menu, you can select the other backup (can't remember the exact name it's called off the top of my head).Follow the prompts, some of the files can't be backed up because they are protected. You'll need to go through each one to try to back it up. There are as many as 3 full pages of backups. The PAGE down button will allow you to go to the next page. I typically am able to grab as many as 9 files for back up. Once you're done with that, select end, and follow the prompts.

There IS more to a backup than just grabing the parameters....

Again, the above should ONLY be done by trained professionals because you could inadvertently turn your machine into a boat anchor if you do the wrong thing.

Hope that explains things a little bit better.

[ 06-19-2008, 02:28 AM: Message edited by: CNC Apps Guy ]

Thanks CNC Apps Guy

what I did today:

- I called YCI Supper Max give them my machine's serial number my company 's info and my email addy.

- One of the YCI 's technician will email me the "Parameter at point of sale and the instruction how to get it back into the machine"

well for the other stuff I have to set it again which is no big deal... just the communication baud rate/ couple other optional M code...

I thought i would share it with you guys, I learn a big lesson here like CNC App Guy said "

BACK UP ALL YOUR PARAMETERS" I didn't know it was so so so important until yesterday... total waste of 16 hours of machine time...