Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

G98 or G99 output

NeilJ

I did a test using 6 holes. I checked "Use clearance only at the start and end of each operation." and got a G99 output for all six holes. This is the only way I can get a G99 output so far. What am I doing wrong? Why do I get a G99 for every hole instead of the first and last hole?

I wish to be able to easily control going back and forth while drilling holes in a drilling operation between G99 and G98. It does not appear that this can be done.

Maybe the approach I have to use instead is to use Change At Point and enter a differenct clearance plane and/or retract height.

NeilJ,

If you leave "Clearence" unchecked, "Retract" 0.1, "Top of stock" 0.0, and "Depth"-1.0, you should see G99.

With "Clearence""Use clearence in begining and end" Should also give you a G99, but you should see your clearence in the G43 line and in the line after your G80.

I think that it is pretty easy to manage you drill point by going into the "Drill point manager" after I have picked my holes.

quote:

I wish to be able to easily control going back and forth while drilling holes in a drilling operation between G99 and G98. It does not appear that this can be done.

Well yes sir there is. Go into the drill geometry and right click on the point then use the change at drill point and you can do what ever you want. I use this for clearing clamps or what ever when doing a large number of holes in one operation to avoid having to post more than one operation when doing this.

HTH

Hi Ron,

I have a question for you. Do you think it would be easier to use the Drill Manager if it displayed a spreadsheet of all your drill points and as you clicked in the spreadsheet the point highlighted? You would be able to change any point(s) options in this spreadsheet. I think this would be an improvement because you would not have to right click on every point and open it's editor. Does this makes sense or is what is available right now good enough?