Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

custom tool help

Mgrenier

Hello all,

I have drawn a custom tool but when I try to use it won't work. Could somebudy please lok at marting_custom tool.mcx on the FTP site in the MCX folder. And please tell me what I am doing wrong. Level 10000 is the level on which I drew my tool.

Thanks in advance,

I can't get on to the FTP site right now but your custom tool should be drawn in a separate MCX file and saved in your tool library. Make sure your in top plane and that you draw only half the tool with the center line on zero. The bottom left (center line) of mine are always at x0,y0,z0 save it to tool library. Now when you make your tool path and look under tool path parameters select create new tool > undefined > add any information need on this page and select custom file > this should take you to your tool library if not find it and select the tool you saved there previously. The custom tool should now be the preview window. Set any of your parameters and finish you should now see it in the backplot.

Martin,

I downloaded your file but I am having some major computer difficulties right now. I think my video card is going out! anyway from what I could see you had some excess geo in there that needs to be gone or at least moved to a different level. It will not create the tool if there is anything more than what was described in the above posts.

I know I just dealt with this yesterday.

Good Luck, cheers.gif

Martin I also just downloaded your file again to actually give it a real life try this time, and I do not know why it is not working, I deleted the xtra geometry and try setting it up as a standard endmill, I spend about 15 min without any luck, that is how much time I got right now, if someone is not posting a answer, I will try again later tonight.

Lars

Martin,

I can not get this either.

I am "thinkin" it's related to ALL the little lines, I did get one arc that in "screen combine views" was moved but that did not fix it, I have trimmed and retrimmed, that doesn't seem to be it.

Is there any chance of either getting the drawing or the solid that this tool was made from?

If this will work for you, you can add in your "holder" info.

JMP2_MARTING_CUSTOM TOOL 2.MCX in the mcx folder

I took the dxf, which was messy at best, and drew lines over it on a different level and matched everything up "neatly" you can overlay mine and the dxf and see it matches up nicely.

I just think there ws too much going on in yours with all of the little broken lines.

martintool.png