Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

mpmaster comp post alarm

elraiis

hi guys.. was looking in the forum and see too many people seem to be having some difficulty with posts which gave me courage to ask and am sorry in advance but i am a total ignorant when it comes to the post language i have no clue how it works. my problem with the mpmaster i downloaded here is with it giving comp at the beginning of an arc. now MCX2 is honorable enough smile.gif to put a M00 in my post code and put a note (cutter compensation at arc) or something like that. now the solution is simply me cut and past the G41 D# TO THE line before it so that its next to my Z value and the alarm goes away. now the question is... anyone can give me a hint how to fix that in the post so that i don't keep fixing this manually..? sometimes its a time killer with some long programs i have.

thanks and sorry guys.

note, am not complaining about the mpmaster at all its actually better than the old .pst FILE we were using before.. it's only this little glitch so far thats killing me flame.gifheadscratch.gif

most Fanuc machines with not allow you to turn

on cutter comp with an arc move.

It is good practice to make your first cuttercomp move a G01

MOst Fanuc machines will either alarm or make a bad move with G02/G03 G41 D## X* Y* I* J*

Mpmaster warns you when it outputs "cutter comp on with an arc"

If your machine will accept "cutter comp on with an arc"

you can turn this alarm off.

Open the pst file and look through the first couple of pages.

There is a switch to turn this saftey feature off.

thanks for the reply but i think i wasn't clear regarding what the problem was. its not the warning that the post gives me that i have a problem with no... its the fact that the comp is at an arc. so what i was wondering is if there is a way that the post will take my G41 D# TO the line before the arc move so that the comp will be activated but won't give me an alarm!?

thanks...